Nominations for the Australian Museum Eureka Science Prizes 2021 are now open and close on Friday 28 May at 7pm (AEST).
These $10,000 prizes are highly prestigious and recognise excellence across science and innovation disciplines. Further information is available here.
Researchers who identify as exceptional candidates working in research programs that align with the categories listed below are encouraged to contact their Head of School & School Research Manager to discuss their suitability to apply. Applicants may submit themselves (self-nominate). A Pure record is not required.
The scheme has 15 categories across research & innovation, leadership, and science engagement.
Individual or Team Research:
· Applied Environmental Research (focus on bushfires, pests, weeds and climate change)
· Outstanding Science in Safeguarding Australia (defence and security)
· Scientific Research (curiosity-driven research)
Individual or Team Science Engagement:
· Outstanding Early Career Researcher (either <35 years old OR <5 years post PhD +career disruptions)
· Emerging Leader in Science (recognising leadership activities, either <35 years old OR <5 years post PhD +career disruptions)
Candidates will need to address the application requirements specific to each Prize (age eligibility has been noted above, but additional eligibility criteria apply). Please note: many of the categories require the applicant to provide 2-3 assessor reports responding to the judging criteria using a provided template. Assessors must be familiar with the activity, but cannot be either personally or directly involved in it. Identifying the availability of suitable Assessors should be a priority. Most applications require between 6 and 12 pages of prepared text, including the independent referee assessments.
Unfortunately proposal support from the MRO Research Development team will not be available this round. Applicants are encouraged to draw upon their network of supervisors, mentors and peers to prepare an application that speaks to a general scientific audience.