Any behaviour towards someone that is a risk to their health and safety is unacceptable.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
- emotional, psychological or physical violence or abuse
- occupational violence
- coercion, harassment and/or discrimination
- aggressive/abusive behaviour
- unreasonable demands and undue persistence
- disruptive behaviour.
What do I do if I am on the receiving end of unacceptable behaviour?
1. If you require immediate assistance due to the threat of violence:
On-site at MMC - dial 999 / 9594 2139 and give Code Black (violence) and your location
Outside MMC (eg going to car park) - dial (0)000 for Police.
On Monash University Clayton Campus, or at Notting Hill - dial 9905 3333
2. The most important thing is to act on the issue.
If you are comfortable to do, please speak to the person who is behaving in an unacceptable manor, and explain that it needs to stop.
If you are unable to resolve it directly, please speak to any of the following people, until the issue is resolved:
3. If the issue cannot be resolved informally, please log an it as an incident in SARAH.
Tick the box indicating it is due to Unacceptable Behaviour.
Online training for unacceptable behaviour is mandatory for all staff, via the Equal Opportunity training in myDevelopment.