A critical part of our role in the Faculty Research Office is to support and encourage our Early Career Researchers. As part of this, the Faculty offers up to eight Early Career Publication Prize Awards each year.
To further encourage the recognition and career development of our Early Career Researchers the Faculty Research Office would like to encourage you to invite an Early Career Researcher from a different School or Department in the Faculty to present in your regular seminar program. We would then ask you to invite one of the Publication Prize nominees to speak in this slot about their recent publication and ongoing work.
It is proposed that the scheme would work in the following way;
1) Faculty Research Office (FRO) calls for nominations for the ECR Publication Prize (May)
2) Nominations close (early June)
3) Details of nominees who have indicated they would like to speak will be forwarded to seminar program organisers (yourselves) for consideration
4) Seminar program organisers notify the FRO of up to 5 preferred speakers and the "reserved" seminar time slot
5) The FRO will contact the preferred speakers in order of preference to determine availability
We believe that this will not only encourage recognition and career development of our Early Career Researchers, but may lead to fruitful discussions or collaborations for their work in the future.
Please let Tania Wilmann (email@example.com) know if you are willing to participate.