The Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of grants to support visits to the Faculty by recognised internationally renowned academics from overseas. Applications for Round 4 of this scheme are invited from the sponsoring Department or Centre, and should outline a visit of at least three weeks, which will develop and facilitate collaborative projects in the future.
· The Paul Grange and Walter Cottman Endowment Funds provide support for visits to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University by overseas academics of international renown. Applicants must provide enough information about the proposed visitor to establish their international standing.
· Proposed visits should be of at least three (3) weeks duration, and may be to one, or more than one, Department or Centre in the Faculty.
· One of the objectives of the visit must be to build on an existing collaboration, or to develop a new collaboration. Applicants are required to address this objective.
Level of Funding
· Up to AUD5,000 will be provided to support each visit.
· Up to two grants will be offered per round.
· Only visits by academics of international significance will be supported, and so it is possible that one or no grants may be awarded in any particular round.
· Closing Date for Applications: Monday 2 May 2016 [5:00PM AEST]
· An electronic version of the completed and signed application form (and attached documents) must be emailed as a single merged PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline.
· LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Advice to Applicants
· Competitive applications in the previous round of this scheme were those that addressed the primary objective of the scholar’s visit, which is to build on an existing collaboration, or to develop a new collaboration.
· In order to maximise the value to the Faculty of the visiting scholar’s visit, host departments will be encouraged to arrange opportunities for the academic to present a lecture or seminar to which all interested staff and students of the Faculty can be invited. The Faculty Research Office can arrange for the presentation to be advertised in advance on the Monash Events site.
Please find the Guidelines and Application Form attached. Any queries about this scheme should be directed to the Faculty Research Office at email@example.com or (03) 990 29143.