Opportunity Name: Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE) - Australia Japan Emerging Research Leaders Exchange Program (ERLEP).
· A total of eight Australian emerging leaders will travel to Japan to establish and develop personal and institutional linkages.
· Successful applicants will be selected by ATSE via a peer nomination process with merit-based assessment.
· ATSE closing date is 9am Wednesday 6 April 2016.
· Mid-career researchers (<20 year post PhD) who are emerging leaders in the Science and Technology community.
· Must be Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens.
· Must be employed in an Australian research institute including universities, publicly funded research organisations and R&D intensive industries
· Additionally, applicants must be available to go to Japan from 21 November 2016 to 2 December 2016
The Priority Topic Areas for the 2016 Exchange are:
1. Technologies for the promotion of healthy ageing and wellbeing
2. New materials, biotechnology, nanotechnology
3. Emerging power systems in the changing environment and the needs of the power system transition process
4. Capturing the benefits of ICT
Organisational Submission Restrictions:
One application per topic area per eligible research or industry organisation.
Monash Application Process:
· Faculties are asked to consider potential applicants and submit a maximum of one application per topic area to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the ATSE application form by 5pm Wednesday 30 March 2016. Applicants are requested to advise the Faculty Research Office (email@example.com) by 9 March 2016 of their intention to apply.
· Should there be more than one application per topic from across the university, MRO will initiate a selection process.
· MRO will be responsible for the submission of applications to ATSE by the scheme deadline.
Further information about the Program, including the guidelines and application form is available at: https://www.atse.org.au/content/international/australia-japan-emerging-leaders-program.aspx
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen Partridge (990 59895).