Featured post

SCS research and awards news

For all our research and awards news, please visit our news page.

Monday 11 September 2017

Bec Preston reaches 25 year work milestone at Monash

Bec Preston
School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health (SCS) Finance Manager, Ms Rebecca Preston, recently achieved a milestone, celebrating her 25 year work anniversary at Monash University.

Having started in the Faculty of Law in 1992 as Personal Assistant to then Sub-Dean Professor Lawrie McCredie, Bec worked in a number of positions (including in the Campus Centre and the Faculty of Engineering) before joining the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences 11 years ago.

Bec said that when she started her position at SCS, the Administration was a one-stop-shop for the whole School.

“We had our own Finance and HR Officers, a dedicated HR Manager and other project staff all located where the CTP team are now—it was great!” Bec said. 

Everyone knew they could come to one area, speak to a team of people and have their questions answered. It's a little bit different now with the hubs.”

When asked about reaching her 25 year milestone, Bec said she was shocked.

“I only realised it when I was at a Finance Forum earlier this year, and as part of the ‘meet and greet’, we had to introduce ourselves and state how long we’d been at Monash,” Bec said.

“When I announced I’d been here 25 years, I received applause from the forum team!”

Bec said it doesn’t feel like 25 years as she’s taken maternity leave to have her three daughters, and had held various roles in several faculties.

And why is she still here?

“Monash is a great place to work.  99% of the time I enjoy coming to work, I really like the people I work with and that makes a huge difference,” Bec said.


“When I joined SCS, Gavin Horrigan was my School Manager and he was a wonderful mentor and colleague, and now we are blessed to have Eugene!”

No comments:

Post a Comment