The School will be subject to an external OHS surveillance audit on Tuesday 25th July. The focus will be on the management of OHS systems at the Monash Medical Centre (Clayton) site. In preparation for the audit, there are a number of compliance matters to meet, including:
- Mandatory on-line training: Fixed-term and continuing staff are required to complete the four mandatory University on-line training modules: ‘OHS Induction’, ‘Ethical and Professional Conduct’, and ‘Privacy’ must be completed every three year. The ‘Equal Opportunity’ module must be completed every two years. This is to ensure that the training keeps abreast of changes in legislation.
- OHS Training & Inductions: For more information about upcoming training activities, please see: https://sites.google.com/a/monash.edu/school-of-clinical-sciences-intranet/oh-s/inductions-training-workshops
- After-Hours Approval Form: Staff and students undertaking any after-hours research in a laboratory or the Animal House are required to complete the Approval Form (https://sites.google.com/a/monash.edu/school-of-clinical-sciences-intranet/oh-s/forms-policies)
- Risk Assessments: Each department is required to review and update their risk assessments and submit into the Safety and Risk Analysis Hub (SARAH: http://www.monash.edu/ohs/report-incident-hazard). When naming a Risk Assessment, please use the prefix ‘SCS’ in each title, so that they can be readily searched (e.g. ‘SCS – Agarose Gel Electrophoresis)
- MyPlan: The University’s performance development system is myPlan and it is intuitive and user-friendly. The system is used to support the important ongoing conversations between staff and supervisors. When staff are completing their myPlan goals with their supervisors, please ensure that OHS goals (e.g. relevant training courses – both face-to-face and on-line) are discussed and included. It is particularly important for OHS office-bearers across the School to include OHS activities in their myPlan. To login to myPlan, please go to: https://www.intranet.monash/hr/tools-and-resources/staff-resources/performance-development
- Information about SCS OHS Personnel: https://sites.google.com/a/monash.edu/school-of-clinical-sciences-intranet/oh-s/scs-oh-s-personnel
- SCS OHS Committee meeting papers: All staff and students can access the SCS OHS Committee papers (https://sites.google.com/a/monash.edu/school-of-clinical-sciences-intranet/oh-s/scs-ohs-committee-papers) and can also submit OHS matters for tabling at the SCS OHS Committee by contacting the SCS OHS Officer, Dr Clare Westhorpe (email@example.com)