1) CALL FOR 2018 HONOURS AND GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECTS:
The SCS Communications office is coordinating marketing materials for the production of 2018 SCS Postgraduate and Honours Research Projects booklet. The projects will be advertised for recruitment of students for the following streams:
- Bachelor of Medical Science Honours
- Bachelor of Science Honours
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science Honours
- Bachelor of Nutrition Honours
- Bachelor of Behavioural Neuroscience Honours
- Graduate Research (Masters and PhD)
To ensure we only have current projects advertised, previously entered projects have all been ‘unpublished’ in the database. Could ALL Supervisors please submit their project information via the Faculty project database: https://studentresearchprojects.med.monash.edu.au/
Go to “Supervisor login” listed on the top tab and type in your monash username and authcate.
1. To enter a new project: Go to “CREATE ENTRY” enter project details and ensure to SAVE each entry.
2. To edit or re-publish existing projects that were offered in 2017 (or earlier), go to the “MY ENTRIES” tab and select your project and select edit mode, then publish.
Please note that all previous project entries are by default available.
Under “OFFER STATUS”, you can select:
- Leave as Offered (to make the project current).
- Or select Archived (if you wish the project to remain visible to the public in site searches but is not offered).
For PUBLISHING options:
- Select Publish to publish your project.
- Uncheck the “PUBLISHED” box, if you want these projects archived in the database and not be visible to the public.
You can re-publish the project at any time.
NEW and FINAL deadline for updating your projects is Wednesday 10th May 2017.
2) STUDENT INFORMATION SESSIONS
To support the promotion of the GR and Honours degree programs, the following student information sessions are organised for potential Honours and PhD students. Having all projects advertised well in advance of this will assist with course enquiries.
- Bachelor of Medical Science (honours) information night: Monday 15 May 2017, Time to be advised, Clayton campus – Anthony White / Pianca Schwarz to coordinate SCS representation at Clayton.
- SCS/Hudson Honours and GR information night: TBC at Clayton campus and MHTP
Note that all course enquiries are directed to
- SCS BMedSc(Hons) webpage: http://www.med.monash.edu.au/scs/students/prospective/bmedsci-prospective.html
- Graduate Research web page: http://www.med.monash.edu.au/scs/students/higher-degrees-research.html