You are invited to join the "Walk with MonashHealth Nephrology" at 1pm, Thursday 9 March from the main entrance of Monash Medical Centre, Clayton.
Bring your friends, colleagues and walking shoes. We will walk to the Fregon Reserve and back (total distance 1.5km) as we join in the global campaign to raise awareness about the importance of a healthy lifestyle for healthy kidneys.
All participants will receive a FREE day at Healthwise & Fitness Centre (Clayton, Dandenong or Kingston) during Kidney Week (9-16 March 2017). Collect your free pass on the day!
Did you know?
- 10% of the global population is affected by Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- 600 million people in the world are affected by obesity, 220 million of whom are schoolaged children.
- Individuals affected by obesity have an 83% increased risk of CKD, compared to individuals with a healthy weight.
- Obesity is a well-established risk factor for developing major precursors to CKD and ESRD, such as diabetes, hypertension and kidney stones
- Strategies to reduce excess weight and prevent the development of diabetes mellitus, hypertension and cardiovascular disease, will reduce the risk of kidney disease
For more information, contact the Department of Nephrology: 9594 3520/3529.