Monash University's esolutions is making improvements to Eduroam, our secure wireless network service by consolidating to a common authentication platform.
Moving our Network Policy Services to the new infrastructure is required.
Important settings and wireless access
Network Policy Services controls access to our wireless network, its primary function is to authenticate users trying to access Monash's Eduroam wireless network. For the authentication to work a user must have a specific user name format.
Impact to users
You have been identified as possibly having an incompatible user name format. If your user name format is not changed before 21 November, 2016 wireless network access will not be possible.
What you need to do
Please go into your mobile device settings (such as smartphone, laptop or tablet etc.) and ensure that your username is changed to look like: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help and support
A user guide specific to your device is available on the intranet providing step by step instructions on how to change your user name (https://monash.edu/esolutions/wireless-and-network/connecting-eduroam-wifi). If you require additional support please contact your local Service Desk.
Accessing the wireless network at other universities
- As a Monash University student or staff member you can access the Eduroam wireless network at other Universities
- For a list of participating Eduroam institutions please visit the Eduroam intranet page https://monash.edu/esolutions/wireless-and-network/connecting-eduroam-wifi
- When you go to connect to the Eduroam network at a participating eduroam institution, their wireless network will recognise that you are from Monash
- Students or staff from participating Eduroam institutions can utilise Monash's wireless network
Migration locations and dates
- Participating Eduroam institutions & The Monash Centre in Prato (Italy)
- Tuesday 15th November, 5-9pm
- Remote VPN service & Hospitals sites (Alfred Health, Southern Health, Eastern Health)
- Wednesday 16th November, 5-9pm
- Melbourne campus wireless infrastructure
- Monday 21st November, 5-9pm
For more information and support please contact your local Service Desk.