A reminder that the Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences (FMNHS) will be holding their biannual Early Career Researcher (ECR) Symposium on Monday 9 November 2015 at the Caulfield campus.
Registration is now open and will close on Monday 26 October 2015. Registration cost for the event is $50. Schools and Departments are encouraged to support the cost of attendance from their Professional Development budgets.
The 2015 ECR Symposium is aimed at ECRs with an interest in developing and strengthening their research careers, with a particular focus on “Selling Yourself” and will feature:
· 3 hour workshop “Small Talk and Big Gestures” by Lisa Curtis-Wendlandt from Mind Your Way. This workshop will provide participants with practical, verbal and nonverbal tools for impactful communication. This training will equip participants with communication strategies that aid success (repeat in session A and B).
· Professor Philip Darbyshire will discuss how to promote yourself and your research (repeat in session A and B).
· Library Research Services will present on their Research Impact and Publishing website (session B only).
· Professor Zlatko Skrbis will present on the ECR Initiatives being enacted by the University (session A only).
· The 2015 ECR and ECR Fellow Publication Prize winners will present a brief overview of their publication in a 3 minute presentation (ECRs in session B / ECR Fellows in session A).
The event will also provide all ECRs with an opportunity to network with other ECRs within the Faculty and University.
This event will be capped at 100 participants and will run as concurrent sessions A and B, please see draft program for details. Registrants are asked to provide their appointment level, School and preferred workshop session (A or B) when registering. If necessary, Monash paid Early Career Researchers will be offered first place at the symposium, followed by adjunct ECRs and then other interested registrants (including PhD students).
Video-conferencing for certain sessions will be available for staff at Bendigo, Berwick, Moe, Peninsula and Malaysia campuses. If you wish to attend the event by video-conference please do not register but instead email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred video-conferencing location. There is no charge for participants to attend by video-conference.
So don’t delay…..
The only payment method accepted is providing a Cost Centre and Fund. Please DO NOT use the default payment options (debtors invoice, credit card etc.), as they will not be processed.
We look forward to seeing ECRs from your School/Department at this exciting FMNHS event!