The General Secretariat of the King Faisal International Prize is pleased to invite nominations for the year 2017 prize in the topic Biologic Therapeutics in Autoimmune Diseases.
Launched by the King Faisal Foundation (KFF) and granted for the first time in 1979, the King Faisal International Prize (KFIP) recognizes the outstanding works of individuals and institutions in five major categories: Service to Islam,Islamic Studies, Arabic Language and Literature, Medicine, and Science. Its aim is to benefit Muslims in their present and future, inspire them to participate in all aspects of civilization, as well as enrich human knowledge and develop mankind. KFIP winners are evaluated only based on merit and their works are meticulously examined by specialized selection committees. The strict selection procedure meets international standards, and many of the laureates who have been awarded the prize went on to receive other prestigious prizes, such as the Nobel Prize.
The closing date for nominations is 1 May 2016.
1. Nominations should be from universities, research centers.
2. Nominated works must be published, benefit mankind and enrich human knowledge.
3. The prize is not awarded posthumously.
4. Nominations are not accepted from individuals or political parties.
5. Dissertations are not accepted.
Requirements from Nominating Body
1. An official letter of nomination for each nominee separately, adequately justifying the nomination and outlining the nominee's achievements in the prize topic.
2. A list of nominated works.
3. A general information form to be filled in by the nominee.
Requirements from Each Nominee
1. A typed CV of each nominee with a list of his/her publications. An email copy is also required.
2. One original copy of each nominated paper. The total number of nominated papers should not exceed 10.
3. Six copies of each nominated book and/or book chapters. The total number of nominated books and/or book chapters should not exceed 5. The book's title page should be appended with each nominated book chapter.
4. One color photo of each nominee (13x18cm).
1. Nominations are judged exclusively on the basis of merit.
2. Any nomination not fulfilling all conditions and requirements shall be excluded.
3. More than one winner may share the Prize.
4. The decision of the Prize's Selection Committee is final.
5. Nominated documents and nominated works will not be returned.
6. Winners will be announced in January 2017 and prizes will be presented at an official ceremony later in Riyadh.
7. All required documents must be received no later than 1 May 2016.
Further information is available at http://www.kff.com/en/King-Faisal-International-Prize
Please submit the name and CV of each nominee to the Faculty Research Office (email@example.com) by no later than Friday 14 August 2015, and selected candidates will receive instructions for the preparation and submission of their application.