An individual is only permitted to be named as the primary Chief Investigator (CIA) on ONE (1) application, but can be named as CIB or subsequent CI on other applications.
Objectives & Selection Criteria
Please ensure that you address the following points in Q7 and keep your answer within the 300-word limit.
The NHMRC’s objectives of the scheme are:
- to support Institutions to be strategic in the purchase of larger items of equipment that will benefit health and medical research in Australia;
- to encourage the purchase of equipment that will be used collaboratively; and
- to support the purchase of Australian-made equipment where possible.
The NHMRC requires the following criteria to be met for the allocation of these funds:
- the equipment should support the highest quality health and medical research funded by the NHMRC (or through another competitive grant process);
- consideration should be given to the lack of access to similar equipment in the Institution or region; and
- thought should be given to the collaborative gain to be achieved through the use of the equipment e.g. multi-user equipment which crosses disciplines, research groups and departments.
The FMNHS will prioritise applications on the basis of:
1) Alignment with the Monash Academic Plan (2015-2020), particularly around the provision of advanced research infrastructure, and in the context of the platforms, talent enhancement and interdisciplinary research;
2) Opportunity for multiple use;
3) Alignment with the long term investment policy of the Faculty; and
4) Encouragement of innovation.
The application form can be found here.
Applicants are required to submit a copy of the completed and signed NHMRC Equipment Grants application form via email to the Faculty Research Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date: Thursday 5 December 2019 at 5:00PM (AEDT)
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. HARD COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
NOTE: The application form will be used internally within Monash University only – do not enter this into Pure.
Faculty Research Office (FRO):
Dr Casilda Black, Manager, Research
Tel: (03) 990 29143
Monash Research Office (MRO):
Dr Tsharni Zazryn, Manager, Medical and Health Sciences
Tel: (03) 990 24427