Please see details below for the Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund.
Some notes from the MRO:
- The application requires a signed letter of support from your Department that gives details of any in-kind support etc.
- Section G of your application needs to be completed by the director of the Monash Research Office, Halina Oswald. To arrange this signature, applications need to be entered into Pure, with a signed Departmental letter of support, before 31 March.
- Applications in Tier 2 need matching funds
- Intending applicants are requested to notify the Medical and Health Sciences team (email@example.com).
The Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund aims to support those in the early stages of health and medical research to translate their work into health and economic outcomes.
The competitive program leverages funding from philanthropic, industry and international sources. It's designed to capitalise on Victoria’s comparative advantages in medical research, increase the efficiency of the Victorian health system and further enhance the Victorian economy’s investment attractiveness.
Round 1 applications are now open.
Who can apply
Applications will be accepted from collaborations or partnerships between:
· health services
· medical research institutes
· education institutes
The Victorian Medical Research Acceleration Fund will provide $3 million per annum to help address current market gaps and deliver rewards for research. Funding is divided into two tiers.
Tier 1 funding is for proposals up to $100k. It supports early stage innovations including discovery research, clinical research and health practice, or an idea or innovation to attract peer review funding or investment by industry.
Tier 2 funding is for proposals up to $500k. It supports a small number of research proposals to ‘fast track’ translation into health and economic outcomes. Matching funding will be required to demonstrate capacity to collaborate and undertake research that has a clear pathway to translation.
How to apply
For more information and to apply:
Download the application form and guide which includes the selection criteria.
Applications close 14 April 2017. The MRO compliance check closing date is 31 March 2017. Intending applicants are requested to notify the Medical and Health Sciences team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Announcements will be made in May 2017.
For further information, please visit www2.health.vic.gov.au/about/clinical-trials-and-research/health-and-medical-research/victorian-medical-research-acceleration-fund