The Australian Academy of Science (AAS) invites Australian early- and mid-career researchers to apply for the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) Early- to Mid-Career Researcher (EMCR) Fellowships 2016-2017. The EMCR Fellowships provide support (up to AUD 40,500) for Australian researchers to travel to India (between 1 Jan 2017 and 30 June 2017) and work with leading researchers at major Indian science and technology organisations for a period of between 3 and 9 months. Applications are now open and close 9am Monday 31 October 2016.
The applicant must:
The applicant must:
- have between 3 and 10 years of research experience since the award of the PhD degree or equivalent, with the degree having been conferred no more than 15 years prior to submitting the grant application. An extension to this limit may be approved in the case of significant career interruptions
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, living in Australia and be employed as a scientist/faculty member of an Eligible Research Organisation, at the time of submitting the grant application
- have shown the potential to become a leader in the research community
- not have previously received funding for an AISRF Fellowship from the Academy
- not have already consolidated links with India
- not have previously studied (at tertiary level) or worked in India for longer than a total of three months.
The following areas of research are eligible to apply for the fellowships: any field of natural science (basic and applied), engineering science, mathematics, statistics and health. Applicants engaged in multidisciplinary research are invited to apply but should note that proposals for research solely in the humanities, social or behavioural sciences are not eligible.
Submission process & key dates
- AAS closing date: 9am, Monday 31 October 2016.
- You will need to create an Application record in myResearch/Pure and submit the record with the attached application to the Pre-approval workflow. MRO will then progress the application onto School/Faculty for approval.
- Select Funding Organisation: Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- MRO Review (optional) - submit the Pure application record to pre-approval workflow and email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 24 October 2016 (1 week before external close) requesting a review.
- Applications, in PDF format can be submitted directly to AAS (email@example.com) by the applicant.
For further information on eligibility requirements and how to apply please visit https://www.science.org.au/opportunities/travel/grants-and-exchange/fellowships-india