Featured post

SCS research and awards news

For all our research and awards news, please visit our news page.

Monday 18 May 2015

Congratulations outstanding MBBS students at SCS

Siblings Zhen Jiang and Jia Hui with Professor  Michelle Leech
Congratulations to the following SCS students who received prizes last week at the Faculty's Student Award Ceremony, celebrating outstanding student academic achievement.

Hannah Wallace
Jia Hui Lee
Diva Baggio
Zhen Jiang Lee
Lewis Fry
Andrew Pham

SCS students and sibilngs Zhen Jian Lee (Year 3) and Jia Hui Lee (Year 5) both received prizes.

"It was actually quite a surprise when I found out that I had received an award," said Jia Hui. "Year 4 was a quite a challenging and demanding year, and I feel very privileged to have been rewarded for all my efforts. 

"I especially enjoyed and was quite inspired by my experiences during my Women's Health rotation last year, and I feel extremely honoured to have been the recipient of the RANZCOG Women's Health Award."


Jia Jui is very proud of her brother and said it was quite a special occasion to celebrate both their of achievements at the same ceremony.



"I'm very excited to receive the Chris Silagy Prize for Community Partnership with my partner Liang Qu," said Zhen Jiang.

"It came as a pleasant surprise for us, and the recognition for our efforts has been motivation to do well in clinical years too.

"To have my sister also win an award is humbling, and I'm very happy for her - and makes me even more grateful for the support at home," added Zhen Jiang. 

"Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence that the award ceremony was held so close to Mother's Day; as that is where the true recognition should lie!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment